Highlighted

What are some ways to mask a layer?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know theres putting a layer under a masked layer to mask it, but are there any other ways to do this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

duplicate your waves and use one copy for the background and one for the mask of your text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What are some ways to mask a layer?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know theres putting a layer under a masked layer to mask it, but are there any other ways to do this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

duplicate your waves and use one copy for the background and one for the mask of your text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not clear what you want to do but you can use actionscript to mask objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To hopefully make more clear, there’s a piece of text I want to mask with the background. Like my background is waves and I want to mask that wave background onto my text. And besides dragging my text layer underneath my masked background layer, I was wondering if there was another way to accomplish this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 1