• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the fonts that begin with an underscore?

Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Could you tell me whether the fonts that start with an underscore have any special meaning?
screenshot.1557241997.png

I saw that HTML Canvas mode exports them as specific fonts e.g. _sans becomes the Arial font.

Is there any way to configure to which font the _fonts are mapped to?

Can there be more than the 6 _ fonts that I have on my version of Animate (19.2)?

Can they be created or removed?

What do the _[AsianLetters] font signify?

Kind Regards,
Ognyan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

those are system fonts.  ie, everyone has them and they vary from computer system/device to system but you can be sure all font characters will be seen by all users.  you just can't be sure exactly which sans or which serif or which typewriter font will be used.

you can probably configure which font your computer uses, but you can't designate what system fonts others use.

every font properly installed on your computer can be used (instead of system fonts), but they need to be embedded to ensure ot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are system fonts.  ie, everyone has them and they vary from computer system/device to system but you can be sure all font characters will be seen by all users.  you just can't be sure exactly which sans or which serif or which typewriter font will be used.

you can probably configure which font your computer uses, but you can't designate what system fonts others use.

every font properly installed on your computer can be used (instead of system fonts), but they need to be embedded to ensure other users see the same font.  ie, if you want to ensure a specific font is used by all users, embed it.

you can add and delete fonts from your system and animate will add and remove them from its list of usable fonts

those are asian system fonts analogous to the sans, serif etc fonts

for examples of the font types, use google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's amusingly anachronistic that Animate still calls the default monospace font "typewriter". I daresay most of the people using Animate today have never even touched a typewriter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines