• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does everyone use to export their flash files to movie files or animated .gifs nowadays?

May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used to use flash for everything back in the day - animated content, infographics, logo idents, the lot. But we always exported to .swf, and then rendered these in a browser. Now, not so much.

I still enjoy using Flash - Animate now, i guess - but would Animate allow me to export animated content to commonly used moving image formats such as .gif or .mp4 without a considerable amount of work transcoding the content out of Animate itself? And also with minimal loss of quality? I'd like a good reason to subscribe but i'd also like to hear from users - not administrators or adobe sales - as to how they feel about the newer application.

I guess another question would be - what is the logical evolution for someone that used to use Flash? in terms of animated content? There's not anything else in the adobe stable that i'm aware of which is able to do what the software used to, unless i've missed something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Don't 'expect'. People do not arrive at this URL to have things 'expected' of them. I asked a reasonable question.

Adjust your your tone and be courteous without sarcasm. Your obvious passive aggressive language using terminology such as 'literally',  'expect that to be self evident', 'then a few seconds of Googling would reveal' is uncalled for, unwelcome and not necessary.

In fact - having now viewed other 'replies' you make to users on this forum who are looking for insight or assistance, you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the question. Animate is literally just Flash with a new name. File -> Export still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'literally just Flash'.

So you are saying that absolutely nothing has changed between adobe flash cs6, and this adobe animate.

nothing at all.

no updates or improvements or additional features or functionality when attempting to output format content other than 'swf' from the animate product.

is that right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same sense that Flash Pro 8, Flash CS6, Flash CC, etc were also all just Flash, yes. I'd expect that to be self evident.

If you're actually wondering if Adobe has inexplicably stripped GIF and video export out of this product, then a few seconds of Googling would reveal that no, they have not.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/exporting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't 'expect'. People do not arrive at this URL to have things 'expected' of them. I asked a reasonable question.

Adjust your your tone and be courteous without sarcasm. Your obvious passive aggressive language using terminology such as 'literally',  'expect that to be self evident', 'then a few seconds of Googling would reveal' is uncalled for, unwelcome and not necessary.

In fact - having now viewed other 'replies' you make to users on this forum who are looking for insight or assistance, you become clear as the kind of forum dweller me and my team go to some lengths to avoid.

If you have nothing useful to contribute in a civil tone, you would go far further on the likes of reddit or stackoverflow where your indignation at having to waste what you believe is your precious time on plebs such as those you CHOOSE to reply to would be heralded by that crowd.

Anyone is capable of using search engines. Others choose to utilise forums occupied by supposed professionals familiar with the software they are enquiring about in order to take a temperature check. In this case, yet again, i seem to enjoy the attention of some 'professional' who thinks that being dryly sarcastic and rude in outlining your obvious exasperation at what you clearly believe is a question not worthy of your time is both acceptable and the solution.

Reserve your attitude for someone else. I will not bother responding to you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in the day when the Flash Player was popular, I use to publish to the SWF format. In recent years it has been 99% MP4.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that swf is no longer as acceptable an export format as it once was, yes - I have used animate very briefly in a production setting but was curious as to whether adobe have improved upon or fortified the alternatives to .swf output with this newer release, as you mentioned with formats such as mp4 and animated gifs - a format which historically was not particularly useable when output via CS6 due to poor quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Adobe has fortified, improved upon and added other ways to publish content. Mp4 as you know, HTML5, WebGL, VR, Air and AS as well. There's always the hope that animated SVG support gets added soon also. Above all, Animate engineering team recoginize the needs of the animator by talking and meeting with them all over the world and learning their needs as professional studios and hobbyists. 

The team is constantly improving on the export process for video and animate GIFs also. That I have witnessed personally.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines