• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What file format do I need for social media?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm pretty new to Animate. I made an animation for a customer who wants to share it in Znstagram and Facebook. My animation has 900x900px and 15.5 secs and if I export it I get huge files (30MB). Is that fine for social media? I don't even know what format is ok. I used MPEG2 - Match source medium bitrate. I have no clue what is the right thing…

Thanks, Tommi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a direct export into Adobe Media Encoder (from Animate), but it might be worth poking around the H.264 presets? Import your chosen video and see if a social media destinations optimizes anything.

I, too, am a bit unseasoned when it comes to file types and codecs and whatnot; eager to read what this forum has to say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 with Match Source medium or high is errorproof.

It's also Facebook's recommended format: https://www.facebook.com/help/1041366099316573

A 15 second video with medium settings will be around 5MB in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys, I will try that and let you know …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

H.264 medium worked just great. Is's a 24 secs movie now but only has 8MB. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines