• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the bitmap properties editor?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a library item and click "properties", there used to be a bunch of options for smoothing jpgs, reducing quality/size, deblocking etc. Now there's nothing in that window except "update" "import" and "test". What happened to these options and why can't I find them now? I'm in Adobe Animate CC, latest version.

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.49.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, there are no options there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's not normal. I still have all the usual options in that dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll dig deeper on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Are you using an HTML5 Canvas document? If you're not creating an interactive output, try using an AS3 document instead and this issue probably won't happen.

But if for some reason you have to stick with an HTML5 Canvas document, try selecting more than one bitmap in the Library and open up their properties. You should see the missing options.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yeah I have to stick with Canvas, but your suggestion of selecting multiples did work.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same error, I can't see my setting unless i click multipule items, but when I save and leave the window the setting are never changed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance to get this fixen soon? We produce hundreds of ads monthly and because of this bug we stick to the 2019 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jasongar,

The options will appear depending on whether you're in a Canvas document or an AS3 document.

In Canvas, they won't appear. In AS3, they do!

I theorise this was an intentional change by Adobe as Canvas documents export image data to a Texture Atlas/Spritesheet by default. There could even be something about this in the change logs, but I haven't checked.

However, since it's possible to export image objects as separate image files, those missing properties would be useful for file size optimisation. So, it would be nice to get them back!

The workaround here would be to do image asset optimisation after publishing from Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines