• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What have you replaced Flash skills with?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I became a dinosaur when Steve Jobs killed my career by killing Flash. I was told jQuery was the thing to learn but ... no, not really. I've been adding other libraries and been learning After Effects (slowly). What have y'all learned and done to still create interactive animation? Jobs really killed the eLearning field. Instructional Design used to be the greatest gig in the world.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Hi.

Now that Animate CC outputs native HTML5 content you can continue creating e-learning material, games, apps, and animations just like before.

Animate CC new features | New enhanced brushes and layers

Comprar o Adobe Animate CC | Baixar a versão de avaliação gratuita do software de animação flash e vetorial

Animate tutorials | Learn how to use Animate CC

The real biggest challenge is to tell people that Animate CC and the Flash Player plugin for the browsers are completely different things.

Rega

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Now that Animate CC outputs native HTML5 content you can continue creating e-learning material, games, apps, and animations just like before.

Animate CC new features | New enhanced brushes and layers

Comprar o Adobe Animate CC | Baixar a versão de avaliação gratuita do software de animação flash e v...

Animate tutorials | Learn how to use Animate CC

The real biggest challenge is to tell people that Animate CC and the Flash Player plugin for the browsers are completely different things.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This post doesn't make much sense. Flash and jQuery aren't remotely comparable. Flash Player, until very recently, still ran on all major browsers. AS3/AIR is still a viable tool for app development. And Animate, in Canvas mode, can be used to publish browser native content that's very close to what was possible with the Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines