• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is pencil tool of Adobe Flash in Animate?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned animating through Adobe Flash and recently moved onto Adobe Animate. I thought that Animate's pencil tool will be same as the Flash's one. So I tried shading a character by pencil tool but apparently it just colors everything inside the stroke. I wanted to color only the crescent part of the drawing. What am I supposed to do? (Sorry about such a noob question...but I just can't find it on the internet)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

The Pencil tool is essentially the same in that it draws strokes. That's all it does. When you say "shading" what do you mean exactly? I hear "shading" and I think of a gradual change in tone which is not what the Pencil does or ever did. it simply draws strokes that are a solid color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Pencil tool is essentially the same in that it draws strokes. That's all it does. When you say "shading" what do you mean exactly? I hear "shading" and I think of a gradual change in tone which is not what the Pencil does or ever did. it simply draws strokes that are a solid color.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines