Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the future of this product?

Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep this getting these notices in my browser(s) that Flash support is ending. Is Animate just Flash renamed? Is this product more secure than Flash? 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash thing that is being disontinued at the end of 2020 is the Flash Player plugin for browsers.

Animate is the renamed Flash Professional, but SWF for playback with the browser plugin is only one of the many ways you can publish. Animate continues to get new features added to it, and that should continue even after the plugin is dropped.

Flash for web playback is no less secure than most other technologies, but it was by far the most popular playback technology. That made it attractive to virus authors and people who like to crack things. It's mostly obvious that there was an issue because Adobe release a fix for it quite quickly. Java is another technology that is targetted, but it seems to get updated less often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember flash back in the day when it was amazing for storytelling/animation on the web. I remember creating .SWF files so how are they published today? Can Flash/Animate be published to HTML5 or .MPEGx today? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to watch the Animate video from MAX 2019 but the video has no audio....

https://max.adobe.com/sessions/max-online/#29534 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines