Highlighted

What should I do if I want my retro brush back?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I'm not a fan of cc 2019's 5-level brush settings, maybe I'm the only one but I actually prefer older, inconsistent brush with tons of smoothings, to the point of lines being inconsistent. Is there a way to do that in the CC 2019?

In AnCC 2019 - no.

But you can install any older favourite version of Animate alongside AnCC 2019 and enjoy the retro brush.

(In fact you can run Macromedia Flash 8 on Win 10 with no problems at all. It's about 50 times faster. And so it CS6.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What should I do if I want my retro brush back?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I'm not a fan of cc 2019's 5-level brush settings, maybe I'm the only one but I actually prefer older, inconsistent brush with tons of smoothings, to the point of lines being inconsistent. Is there a way to do that in the CC 2019?

In AnCC 2019 - no.

But you can install any older favourite version of Animate alongside AnCC 2019 and enjoy the retro brush.

(In fact you can run Macromedia Flash 8 on Win 10 with no problems at all. It's about 50 times faster. And so it CS6.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2019 0
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AnCC 2019 - no.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... yeah, I found that adobe replaced the brush engine.. I really wish they could bring the older brush engine as an option though. I mean, that's the very reason why I subbed to the Animate...

Thanks, anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this is how things work:

People who like certain features quietly enjoy them.

People who dislike these same features criticise them loudly and persistently.

The brush had been receiving so much hate for so many years and finally the ones who shouted the loudest were listened to.

Whether they are happy with the new brush is unknown.

Now the people who loved the old brush suddenly realise they've lost something that they valued.

(Same applies for many other features.)

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
HAEGOE LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... that's too bad.. Can't help it, then.

Thanks anyway. I'll try using CS6 along with 2019 then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2019 0