Highlighted

When exporting as Animated GIF, is there a way to make animations that are within (graphic) symbols play?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting as Animated GIF, is there a way to make animations that are within (graphic) symbols play?

I created an animation on the main time line, and one part of it is a graphic symbol which has its own animation. However, when I export this as an Animated GIF, the symbol's animation doesn't play. Is there a way to export it in such a way that it does play? Or do I have to find a circuitous way of trying to replicate my animation on the main timeline?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mark@headTrix | Adobe Community Professional

MOVIECLIPS will NOT export to an Animated GIF.... Graphic Symbols export just fine!

Just make sure it says "LOOP" or "Play Once" and that it has enough frames on the timeline to play"

If the animation inside of the Graphic Symbol is 30 frames... then you will have to give the graphic symbol 30 Frames on the MAIN timeline... they sync frame for frame.

graphic-symbol.gif

Hope that helps!
mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an animation on the main time line, and one part of it is a graphic symbol which has its own animation. However, when I export this as an Animated GIF, the symbol's animation doesn't play. Is there a way to export it in such a way that it does play? Or do I have to find a circuitous way of trying to replicate my animation on the main timeline?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mark@headTrix | Adobe Community Professional

MOVIECLIPS will NOT export to an Animated GIF.... Graphic Symbols export just fine!

Just make sure it says "LOOP" or "Play Once" and that it has enough frames on the timeline to play"

If the animation inside of the Graphic Symbol is 30 frames... then you will have to give the graphic symbol 30 Frames on the MAIN timeline... they sync frame for frame.

graphic-symbol.gif

Hope that helps!
mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as long as there are enough frames on the main timeline, the graphics symbol's animation should be veiwable when checking the main timeline and in the exported gif.  ie, if you put a symbol (that contains animation over 30 frames) on a 1 frame main timeline, you'll see no animation.  if the main timeline has 15 frames, you'll see 1/2 the animation (assuming the graphic is on frame 1).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 0
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the symbol's animation wouldn't play only if it's a movieclip, or if it's a graphic that is set to only show one frame. If you have ti set to play once, or loop, I would have thought its animation would show up ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 0
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 0
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graphic-symbol.gif

Hope that helps!
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I figured out I had a movie clip after all! I'm trying to get the timing fixed now because it messed up somehow. I will try to export it then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"MOVIECLIPS will NOT export to an Animated GIF.... Graphic Symbols export just fine!"

In Animate CC I have no problem exporting movieclips as a gif animation.

The problem I come across is when exporting gif animations it will only play the animation on the main timeline -- not embedded "nested" movie clips with their own timeline.

Has anyone else found this to be true and found a workaround?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I've found is to export as a video and convert it to an animated GIF in Adobe Media Converter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0