Highlighted

When I open Animate project (previously created on Mac) on my Windows PC, text elements changes

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

could you please help me with the following issue?

I have previously googled the topic, hoping to find the solution, but it seems to me that I am the first person ever to face this problem 🙂

Here is the problem:

My colleague works on Mac, while I work on PC with Windows. We both work with latest version of Adobe Animate.

When my Mac-colleague creates an Adobe Animate project, he can save it and open it again without a problem.

BUT: When I open the same project, I see that all text elements changed. It seems that text lines moved down and line spacing is bigger.

Here is an example.

This is how the project looks like on Mac.

mac.png

This is how the same project looks like, when it is opened on Windows.

win.JPG

The problem remain swhen opening project both Mac→PC or PC→Mac. I mean, when my Mac-colleague opens Animate project previously created on my Windows PC, the text elements change aswell.

This issue is quite a big deal for us, since it makes any cooperation quite difficult...

It could be caused by the font file, but we tried this with many different fonts and the problem remains. Only Arial seemed to be OK for both of us...

Has anyone ever faced the same problem? Are there any solutions?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Error, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I open Animate project (previously created on Mac) on my Windows PC, text elements changes

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

could you please help me with the following issue?

I have previously googled the topic, hoping to find the solution, but it seems to me that I am the first person ever to face this problem 🙂

Here is the problem:

My colleague works on Mac, while I work on PC with Windows. We both work with latest version of Adobe Animate.

When my Mac-colleague creates an Adobe Animate project, he can save it and open it again without a problem.

BUT: When I open the same project, I see that all text elements changed. It seems that text lines moved down and line spacing is bigger.

Here is an example.

This is how the project looks like on Mac.

mac.png

This is how the same project looks like, when it is opened on Windows.

win.JPG

The problem remain swhen opening project both Mac→PC or PC→Mac. I mean, when my Mac-colleague opens Animate project previously created on my Windows PC, the text elements change aswell.

This issue is quite a big deal for us, since it makes any cooperation quite difficult...

It could be caused by the font file, but we tried this with many different fonts and the problem remains. Only Arial seemed to be OK for both of us...

Has anyone ever faced the same problem? Are there any solutions?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Error, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that looks like your leading (line spacing) is changing. 

i don't know why that's occurring, but you can adjust that in the properties panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience there are always differences for fonts between PCs and Macs even if the font name is the same. I have been working with Mac people for years and I am a PC user. I suppose it is the way fonts are created but I am not exactly sure. I know that it happens for AI, PSP, and ANCC for sure.

But as kglad says fortunately you can tweak fonts with the font panel until you have what you want. Of course, now, what will happen when you co-worker opens it on his Mac again, would be an interesting thing to know!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is not with the leading / line spacing. As you can see in the pictures, line spacing value is 0 on PC and 0 on Mac aswell... But on PC it looks different.

You are right, I can adjust the text elements to "fix" the project. However, this means that when my co-worker opens it again on Mac, his text elements are wrong... It seems there is "correct" linespacing value for Mac (for example 0) and another "correct" linespacing value for PC (for example 5), but there is nothing that suits both.

We often work with 10+ projects at the same time, each of them has 10+ text element files included.

Therefore, we can't manually change all text elements - it would take hours 😞

We checked that we installed the font from the same font file.

But it seems that on PC, there is some empty space above every line, which causes the whole problem...

(as you can see, that space above the line should not be there).

space_above_line.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0