• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find the option "smoothing" in Animate. My images all look blurred.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I need to smooth my images in Animate... the latest version doesn`t have the option "smoothing" anymore...

Now my images all look blurred or pixelated... where can I smooth them?

TOPICS
How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Hi.

I can confirm this is a bug in Animate 2020.

By now, the workaround is to select more than one bitmap and then open up the Bitmap Properties dialog window. In this way you're gonna be able to change the smoothing and compression settings.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Where do you think the option was removed from?

I can clearly see it in the latest An 20.0:

Clipboard-2.png

Select your bitmaps in the Library, choose Properties and smoothing is where it has always been.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your answer, but as you can see on my screenshot (its in german, sorry) there is no option for smoothing anymore... actually... there is no option at all... see what I am talking about? Thats so strange, right?

foto.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, mate,

To trouble shoot, create some shape in AA 20.0, right click on it and convert it to a bitmap.

Select it in the Library and check its properties.

If the option is still missing, you may try to reinstall.

I can see an endless path in the blurred image. Try to import something that is closer to where your FLA is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I did everything you wrote... I reistalled Animate, I tried to convert to Bitmap, I saved project local... it all din't work..

And the strange thing is, I just opened older projects (from about 2 weeks ago) where it all worked out fine and now I can't even smooth the images in my old projects anymore... there is something wrong with my version I guess. The thing is, that the problem is on both devices I use, MacBook Pro and iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Then it could be something to do either with the localised version or some of the settings for the new interface.

We have noticed problems with the visualisation and clipping of text in our dialogs. It may be happening to Animate's own dialogs as well.

Maybe you should try to reset OS screen scaling, if you have it other than 100%;

Compact "UI Appearance" in Preferences - things like that. And always restart the program after any of these changes.

I'm on Windows and the option is always available as I showed earlier.

Finally if nothing else works, you can go back to An CC 19.2.1 and report it to the devs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do your images look in Photoshop? how do they look when you bring them in? I am not seeing that smooth option either in the NEW Animate. Maybe its a bug.

Are you scaling your image? Smoothing is usually used when scaling your images, otherwise they should look the same when you export. if not you can check your Publish settings, if all images are set t0 8 bit that might be degrading them?

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I can confirm this is a bug in Animate 2020.

By now, the workaround is to select more than one bitmap and then open up the Bitmap Properties dialog window. In this way you're gonna be able to change the smoothing and compression settings.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines