Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to learn Adobe Animate Programming

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi for the last month I've been trying to find

tutorials/courses on how to create games with adobe animate but almost every tutorial out there is old and using actionscript 3.0 not javascript.

I know that adobe animate mainly uses createjs and I've thought about learning about it from their website and then using it inside the program but their examples are not made to be used inside the program

I also know that both javascript and actionscript are based on the same thing and that there's minor differences between them like how in Javascript you don't have to define var datatype but you have to in actionscript

So do you think I should just check older actionscript courses/tutorials and if so how or what do I use as a reference to know the changes in code between the two of them

so what do you suggest? any guidance as to where I should start would be really appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use any javascript tutorial and createjs tutorial, but start here Using HTML5 Canvas In Animate CC: JavaScript Basics (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, thanks for the reply 🙂

I've checked the article you provided before and while it's helpful and a good place to start, I was actually hoping for more info on the subject

I found a book called

Beginning HTML5 Games with CreateJS

Do you think it would be prove useful inside animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not familiar with that book so i can't evaluate it.

but once you understand the basics.  js and createjs tutorials should be understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you google animate CC HTML5 you should be able to find some tutorial.

Joseph Labrecque has written several tutorials and you can find them on Udemy, LindedIn Learning and other platforms.

There are also some lessons coming with Animate you can check out.

What kind of games do you want to create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply 🙂

Yeah I found two courses made by him on Pluralsight

1 - Adobe Animate CC Programming

2 - Adobe Animate Game Development

And I actually watched both of them and followed along and managed to create the same game as the one in the course

But I was looking for other courses that provide foundation for different game genres for example I was looking for tutorials on how to make simple RPG Games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not checked the course but here is one you might be interested in checking out.

On Udemy courses go on sale all the time. It is not now but probably will be at some point.

https://www.udemy.com/course/create-html5-games-using-adobe-animate/

and this link gives you several other choices.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=animate+cc

Hope this help and I wish you the best with you endeavor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help and for the links your provided I'll be sure to check them out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines