• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whether Cirrus service support will be dropped along with adobe animate?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,

I am developing an app in adobe animate using cirrus service (Cirrus service for developing end-to-end applications using RTMFP in Flash Player 10) for the multiplayer mode. So I want to ensure that whether Adobe will continue to support the Cirrus service or the support will be dropped along with adobe animate. And is it limited to a certain number of players or are there any charges for the same. Also, is there any other way I can add the multiplayer mode in my game? Please help me out here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Adobe Animate isn't being 'dropped' at all. Cirrus is likely dependent around components of Flash Player anyhow. Can you clarify why you are stating this about Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate isn't being 'dropped' at all. Cirrus is likely dependent around components of Flash Player anyhow. Can you clarify why you are stating this about Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have mentioned cirrus is dependent on components of flash player. My multiplayer application will be uploaded on both ios and android. As ios removed flash player. So will cirrus still be supported with my app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi nishantm27598354. i'm sorry i didn't see your posting earlier -- usually i only monitor the "Cirrus on Labs" forum, which since our forum system was revamped, appears to be rolled into "Labs" now.

i announced in the Cirrus forum a couple months ago that the Cirrus service will be discontinued on October 16th. please see this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Labs/Is-Cirrus-Service-is-reliable/m-p/10495935#M9465

note too that the sign-up page for developer keys was taken offline back in July as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines