• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which file format should be sent to an online publisher for an HTML5 animated banner ad?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Animate to create a banner ad for an online publisher. A few questions:

1. Which file do I send them after publishing my fla doc – the html file? Or the entire folder (fla, html, js and sprite sheets)?
  2. Do all online publishers accept html ads?
  3. I tried exporting to animated gif but the quality was terrible eventho it was 10MB, and the white text had turned black.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various distribution platforms have rather specific needs in terms of how files are prepared, file sizes, how many files can load, et cetera. You would need to know what publish platform your were targeting for distribution and work with their specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joseph. Are there any resources online that might teach me more

about the different file options requested? I¹m trying to get a sense of

what might be asked of me so I am prepared prior to being asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you would send them an HTML5 zip file that they would traffic into their ad server to create and ad tag. Joseph is right that you have to stay within the guidelines that the platform has for their site. You can test those types of things before sending to the publisher using a tool like PreviewAds.com.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 10.34.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Landon26496331p479,

you're doing fine, and welcome to the animate forums.  but be careful, adding links to your posts here can get your banned.

however, i've watched you and found your posts are appropriate to the subject matter so i've not removed them and had you banned.  but there are other moderators that might jump to the wrong conclusion (mainly because of your link).

bottomline: to other moderators, be loathe to mark as spam.  to @Landon26496331p479, make sure your posts continue to apply to the subject being discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was just trying to help on this question and the link is just to a free tool that would help with this specific topic/question.

Is it okay to provide links if it's relevant to the convo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteIs it okay to provide links if it's relevant to the convo?

By @Landon26496331p479

absolutely yes.  i think you're making a worthwhile contribution. 

i'd already seen two other posts by you prior to this one and it was only with this one that i said anything.  mostly so no other mod makes the mistake of marking these posts as spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines