Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are the shape hints always hidden?

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I activate View > Show Shape Hints. Then I edit the shape or change the keyframe and the shape marks are no longer displayed and I have to activate them again and again.

Why are they always hidden again?

Best regards

René

TOPICS
How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

i understand now.

picking another (than the selection tool) tool toogles shape hints off.  that's the way (afaik) it's always been.

there's probably some problem caused by using other (than the selection tool) tools with shape hints that adobe never fixed and the engineers avoided that problem by disabling show shape hints when tools other than the selection tool are picked.

bottomline: create or use the standard keyboard shortcut to quickly toggle show shape hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not what i see.  once enabled, "show shape hints" remains enabled in that fla (until the fla is closed).

reset your preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find anything in the settings. Attached is a video. As soon as I change a tool, the shape hints are no longer displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i understand now.

picking another (than the selection tool) tool toogles shape hints off.  that's the way (afaik) it's always been.

there's probably some problem caused by using other (than the selection tool) tools with shape hints that adobe never fixed and the engineers avoided that problem by disabling show shape hints when tools other than the selection tool are picked.

bottomline: create or use the standard keyboard shortcut to quickly toggle show shape hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines