• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are tutorials OUTDATED?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Animate 2020. The tutorials that Adobe provides are maddenly out of date. I can get around changed UI from earlier versions, but there are many broken aspects.

The "Create a 2D Character Animation" tutorial is supposed to take 45 minutes but it is taking me hours. For example :

• When demonstrating to change the color of a shape with a gradient,  the tutorial shows double clicking one of the the gradient sliders and then the cursor becomes an eyedroper to sample colors in the scene. It doesn't work. The eye dropper samples the colors from the scene but doesn't change that gradient slider color.
  • When showing a brush stroke using a design from the brush library, the tutorial mentions using the Paint Brush tool but by default, only the Fluid Brush toll and Classic Brush tool are visible and neither provided the indended effect from the tutorial. So I had to watch the tutorial several times to get understand that the Classic Brush tool is different from the Paint Brush tool.

These outdated tutorials are a tremendous waste of time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Just on the point of the Color Picker behaving not the way it should, are you on a Mac?

If so you OS might be preventing it to work properly.

One of the devs posted this image below some time ago:

Color Picker on Mac.png

See if you have the right permissions.

As for the rest, I suppose you are right... They changed too many things and it's a bit of a mess.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.

Also if you are interested in some serious information about how to use the program for character animation, here are a bunch of articles for later when you will be more comfortable with the interface and functionality.

http://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

http://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

http://flash-powertools.com/keeping-cycles-flexible-for-easy-re-timing-by-using-service-frame-and-wo...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through that same tutorial right now and I'm pulling my hair out because I can't figure out the cloud. The properties panel on my computer is not the same as the tutorial video. Infuriating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with out-dated tutorials. I found this YouTube tutorial that really is helping me by TitTut 

Intro to Adobe Animate 2020 [1/4] | Beginners Tutorial

https://youtu.be/7huMYp7WpsI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines