• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I create gradients??? (solved)

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to being able to create gradients by selecting the tiny gradient square at the bottom left corner of my fill selector.

But despite this, and my rectangle turning into a black-to-white gradient, I see no option on how to control these colors. All I see is the color picker no matter what I do.

Has things changed in the latest Adobe Animate or am I missing something obvious?

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

I've always adjusted gradient colours on the Color palette (Window > Color) and that's still the case in Animate 2020.  You can also create your own gradient swatches (also in the Color palette), then they will appear alongside the black and white swatch you selected.  The Gradient tool on the toolbar allows for adjustment of other features.

No idea if there was previously another way to do it, but that's how I've always done it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always adjusted gradient colours on the Color palette (Window > Color) and that's still the case in Animate 2020.  You can also create your own gradient swatches (also in the Color palette), then they will appear alongside the black and white swatch you selected.  The Gradient tool on the toolbar allows for adjustment of other features.

No idea if there was previously another way to do it, but that's how I've always done it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad I'm so sorry I completely forgot about that color window! Thanks a lot for chipping in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines