• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can you not hear a sound file in a symbol on the main stage?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to animate a couple of sound bytes but have been repeatedly stumbling upon the same problem of being unable to hear the sound files that are placed in the timeline of a symbol on the main stage. Sounds in symbols also do not play in exported movies. Is there any way to solve this? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Hi mate,

The reason is that it makes no sense to export sounds from nested Graphic Symbols when you export video.

The cacophony will be impossible to control, i.e. the reason is that it is unreasonable to have such option.

You realise that Graphic Symbols can be stopped, started, looped, sections of them played in various combinations and nested many levels deep, right?

Now imagine if all these had sounds in them that mixed and played at the same time. Madness.

You do all your audio on the Main Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

The reason is that it makes no sense to export sounds from nested Graphic Symbols when you export video.

The cacophony will be impossible to control, i.e. the reason is that it is unreasonable to have such option.

You realise that Graphic Symbols can be stopped, started, looped, sections of them played in various combinations and nested many levels deep, right?

Now imagine if all these had sounds in them that mixed and played at the same time. Madness.

You do all your audio on the Main Timeline and then duplicate inside synced containers if you need for preview purposes and lip sync.

If you want to hear nested audio, use Movie Clips and Event sounds.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thank you for the answer! Yes, I do understand most of the basics of Flash Animation (including symbols and such) but I have yet to learn many of the nuances that trouble my attempts at animating. But this clears up a lot of issues I've been having. Thanks again! (And sorry for late reply, I was on vacation in my home country and was away from the internet for sometime.)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck with your projects, mate!

See if any of these might be of use:

http://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

http://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

http://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"sound bites"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try tu use Movie Clip instead of Graphic Symbol
Tell more about your project

Html or ActionScript file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines