• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doe the sound change when I import it?

Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything I can think of to get around this issue. I took the sound into Audition and lowered the volume. I then took it into Animate. The volume is correct in Audition, in the file on the computer, but, when I take it into Animate to put it in my project the volume is the original sound - way too loud to use. What is causing that and how do I correct it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

I did a test when I lowered the amplitude of a sound in Audition, then took a saved copy of that, and the original sound, into Animate. Here's how the two look.

waveforms.png

Is there anything unusual about the sound? It will want to be 16 bit and 44.1 kHz. If it's 24 or 32 bit that could lead to various problems.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not importing the same sound file that you saved after editing in audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I promise on my mother's grave I am!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it a moment before I broght it in. Broght it in and the sound was at the original volume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bit is a mono recording of a voice. .7 seconds long. It doesn't make sense to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Amplitude and Compression>Fade Envolope and lowered the entire volume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Animatein Animatein Auditionin Audition

Here are the two forms of the recording the first is in Animate the second is in Audition. They are the SAME recording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test when I lowered the amplitude of a sound in Audition, then took a saved copy of that, and the original sound, into Animate. Here's how the two look.

waveforms.png

Is there anything unusual about the sound? It will want to be 16 bit and 44.1 kHz. If it's 24 or 32 bit that could lead to various problems.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Colin, you've saved me again! I had taken it from an Australian firm, ZapSplat, and it had never occured to me that there would be any problem with it. Thanks to your feedback I checked it out and 96 kHz and 32 bit. I corrected that and it works fine now. Here's hoping that I've learned my lesson and will check those two before I try to use what I've downloaded!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines