• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is background of edited symbol always white?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with latest Adobe Animate CC. When I double-click on a symbol and I start editing it, it has a white background and I can´t see other elements in my scene. I know this happens when I start editing symbol from Library. But I have probably something changed and now it happens also when I double click on a symbol in the scene.

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

You have Advanced Layers turned on. Edit In Place broke when they introduced Advanced Layers and the team knows this and is fixing it for a future release. If you turn off Advanced Layers, Edit In Place will work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you double click your symbol from the stage it edits in place. If you edit from the library it will be it's own 'stage' which is white.

I can edit from the stage without any problem so not sure what happens for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, make sure your layer is not locked so you can enter the symbol from the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Advanced Layers turned on. Edit In Place broke when they introduced Advanced Layers and the team knows this and is fixing it for a future release. If you turn off Advanced Layers, Edit In Place will work again.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I have advanced layers turned off. Sorry I missed that in my answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn t turn on Advanced layer. How can I turn it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is under the timeline tab.

timelineAdvance.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on this? I have advanced layers turned off, and I'm still stuck with the white background. I been working on this project for a few days and this just started. I have tried to make it work in both Action Script and HTML 5.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 9.35.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is aware of this issue and a fix is coming. Probably in the next big update but can't say when that will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the most current version (which must have just come out because I installed the program for the first time last week) and had no luck. Bummer. Any thoughts on a work around other that copying the rest of the object into the symbol? Also, I made a new test project as was able to edit symbols on a semi transparent background. Is my current project trashed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround. I started a new project and copy and pasted all of my frames from the broken project into the new one. All my layers and symbols are intact and the symbol editor is working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved it. Thanks for posting an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update. It appears as though my issue with the white background is caused by having the camera layer turned on. When the camera button (located in the layer panel to the right of the new layer, folder and trash buttons) is switched off, I get the normal semi-transparent background during symbol editing mode. When the camera layer is switched on, the background goes to white when attempting to edit a symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines