• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no motion capture?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't there any motion capture in Animate?  Or Character Animator?  The iPhone already has a feature that can turn full-body movements into rigging so we can capture walking, dancing, sports actions, animals, etc.  Yet Adobe puppet apps focus entirely on faces, and maybe a little bit on hands, but everything below the waist is ignored much the same way they neglect sound in web and app design.

So, why is there no full-body motion capture in Animate or Character Animator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding?

They can't make it perform the basic tasks the way it could 10 years ago and you're asking for it to be bloated with more useless stuff!

Adding MoCap will be the death of Animate.

You should go and ask this question in the Character Animator forums or maybe Cartoon Animator.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useless?  I'd use motion capture all the time.  You may prefer to work with objects with no legs who sit in front of comtputers all the time, but I want my characters to dance, my critters to prance, and my skeletons to do funny things with their pants.  Quickest, easiest and best results come from motion capture, which Adobe has done already for faces.  Now they just need to acknowledge the fact that people have bodies below their heads that can be just as expressive and entertaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@palapalooza  said:

"You may prefer to work with objects with no legs who sit in front of computers all the time, but I want my characters to dance, my critters to prance, and my skeletons to do funny things with their pants."

Now this might be the funniest thing I've read on these forums ever!

I wonder how you deduced my own preferences to have all my characters sit with no legs in front of computers all the time, but that is spot on! All my life I have been animating just this: legless characters sitting behind computers 🙂

If you really want to make animation, learn to animate, buddy!

Flash has glorious history as a real animation tool and MoCap will really throw it into the bin.

Adobe have Character Animator to capitalise on the lazy, talentless crowd and you should go there, where you may find more common ground with the other users.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines