• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will there ever be an Animate CC for iPad Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of baffled that Adobe haven't entered the iPad animation market yet. There is a real lack of decent animation software for iPad Pro, with the best out there so far being Rough Animator. 
Animate seems like a natural fit for the iPad, please make it happen Adobe!
By the power of my invested CC money, I humbly request you to get on this, stat 🙂

TOPICS
Missing feature , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal opinion: I don't think so.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they will eventually. I mean they did Photoshop. They're working on Illustrator for the iPad, I think Animate for the iPad Pro will be right around the corner.  I am just guessing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My humble guess: ...well see.

Photoshop Ipad Pro:
Adobe Cloud is seemless and docs across Desktop and Ipad Pro work niceley for ilustration (except for being able to draw a straight line lol)

Illustrator Ipad Pro:
Works seemlessly (minor bugs) between the two and Ive added Ipad Pro (4th Gen) to my workflow! 1 year in and its going places.

that being said.. Im not certain I'd want to see After Effects, Maya, or Cinema on an Ipad Pro yet either but anything is possible in tech...time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always put in a feature request - be sure to justify the reasons for it in order to have it considered with some weight: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope animate cc will be come to ipad. We use iPad for professional works. But we have not a professional Animation app on iPad. Adobe is powerfull in this endustry. If not, another app's will be here, on iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate should run on all iPads -- not just Pro. I've got disadvantaged students who will never have the money for the Pro. They were gifted iPads by NYC Dept of Education. That is amazing and also frustrating to have a good tool that is hamstrung. Adobe should help close the digital divide we have in this country!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew,

There are a few good iPad apps that can sub for Adobe Animate. 

1. Rough Animator: basic but feature rich. Only $5.00 one-time fee

2. Callipeg: Amazing app. Lots of features. Subscription based or one-time fee of $50

3. Procreate: Fun for simple animation. $10 one-time fee

All these apps will work perfectly fine with iPads. Depending on what gen your students have you should be able to use an Apple Pencil with it as well. 

Take care,

Zak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gearing up to use Wick Editor with my high school animation students.  We have full CC in our lab , but since we're learning remotely because of COVID we have to make due with substitute apps like wick editor and Vectornator.  I wish adobe understood student needs, especially during remote learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working on an update, will be available this afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines