• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't play next frame after movieclip is done

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a movie clip that plays, and after its done I need the scene to go on to the next frame after that movie clip. Problem is, if I put a gotoAndPlay function at the end of the movie clip, it takes me to that frame of the movie clip instead of that frame on the global stage. Is there any way to get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are using HTML5 then try below...

If the movie clip is one level below the main timeline and you want it to resume playing on the main timeline then try this is on the last frame of the movie clip:

this.parent.play();

but if the movie clip is nested a few levels down and you want it to resume playing the main timeline then use:

exportRoot.play();

Hopefully this helps it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed you always need to be careful with the scope of things.

The deeper you go the more comes in front of your play() event.

For example, if you have a movie clip into a movie clip into a movie clip, you would need to have

this.parent.parent.parent.play(); but in a case like that using exportRoot would be more direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines