• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worked on animation today, came back later and saw that it completely disappeared

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 3 hours ago I was working on an animation for one hour. The animation I was working on was a RECOVER file since it crashed yesterday. After the hour I carefully saved it and saved the original one. I didn't rename it to the original because I was using the original as a reference.

I went to watch a show with my family for an hour and decided to work on my animation again. I go and check the files and I see that I don't have my recover file anymore. I don't even know how this happens, it just completely disappeared from my laptop like it was deleted.

I have the original file but that was from long ago. I don't have the motivation to redo everything onto that file, and I don't have much time because I have a deadline.

I checked the folder for unnamed backups I could use, but my animation wasn't there. I'm using Adobe Animate 2019 for reference. I'm very mad right now, I don't know why the hell it's gone.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me before and learned the hard way to always save 2 projects! Name_1 and another one; Name_2. Also, I never work from a "recover" file. Don't really know if it saved everything since it glitchedor crashed while actively working in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that next time, thanks. I don't understand why recover files will do that but I'll be more careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines