Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XCode Storyboard

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following announcement from Apple:

"Apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later and use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen."

Can anyone tell me how this affects those of us that built our iOS apps in Flash/Animate?  How do we meet their requirement of providing an Xcode storyboard without Xcode?

TOPICS
How to , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got that message too (on behalf of clients that i'd made ios apps).

i reluctantly gave up on adobe animate for ios and android apps about 6 months ago when adobe handed-off the player sdk to harmon.  and i started learning to unity3d.

at this point, i'm so comfortable programming in c++ and using animate, i'm telling all my clients, if they want their apps brought up to google play/apple app store standards, their apps will need to be rebuilt with unity.

if you're not ready to take that step, yet, google the message.  the fix may be as simple as downloading the most recent xcode and learning how to have it create that storyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sure I can create a storyboard in Xcode. Not sure how to get Animate to use it. The compiling interface still requires the static launch images it has for a long time. Seems like something in the XML file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines