• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xp-pen tablet acting weird on adobe animate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Adobe animate for a while and just fired it up to see how it worked.I have the XP pen 15.6 inch tablet, and adobe animate doesn't seem to like it. For some reason, whenever I put the pen down it draws a huge line and then starts drawing very far down, nowhere near where I originally put down the pan. Can someone tell me what I did wrong, or how to fix it?

F6E530FB-8137-4384-9453-693AEAA5B08B.jpeg

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Hey, so I finally figured it out. I just needed to switch my main display to my drawing tablet. It's not ideal, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have seen this issue mentioned before. Is your tablet the same resolution as your main monitor?

There is a Twitter thread here which sounds similar: https://twitter.com/stephenonguk/status/1194942811965132800?s=20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sorry but  im not that tech smart. Do you know how to do that?

If so, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I finally figured it out. I just needed to switch my main display to my drawing tablet. It's not ideal, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is excellent news!

I believe that the devs are onto it and they should have a fix for this in an update.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also faced the same issue today using XP-PEN 15.6 on Windows 10 and using Adobe Animate 2020. However the fix was quite simple - Just change the 'Text and font Scaling' in display settings to 100% (it shoots up to 150% for some reason on connecting the tablet for the first time). And you should be good to go! Just putting it out there for the community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I fixed my problem of lines in Adobe Animate. In xp-pen config tool, I had selected the Relative mode (because it is easy for me). Then, I changed to Absolute mode and it works now!

I hope that this solution help you.xp-pen-absolute-mode.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem with XP-pen Deco Pro Small and I have no idea how to fix it. Can you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in mi recently bought xp-pen deco mini 7, I cannot work with Animate. Is it problem of Adobe of Xp-pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I fixed my problem of lines in Adobe Animate. In xp-pen config tool, I had selected the Relative mode (because it is easy for me). Then, I changed to Absolute mode and it works now!

I hope that this solution help you.

xp-pen-absolute-mode.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's already a correct answer in the reply section that works for drawing tablets with a monitor. For the ones without a monitor, setting the "Display Scale" on 100% in Windows settings can fix it.

I thought it would help some people who have drawing tablets without a monitor like me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines