• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes and overwrites my manual saves with out-of-date back ups

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to make a complaint or raise an issue – Adobe crashed and deleted all my work on an .sesx file and replaced it with a much earlier back up. I manually save very frequently. This has happened before, and (with no help from the Adobe team) I realised that if I just reopened the file, my saved changes would reappear. This didn't happen this time, and I can only find old backups. This is a major problem and a huge issue when working on time-sensitive podcast projects.

You can see I previously asked the community about the same problem. At the time, Adobe support staff struggled to understand the issue or offer relevant suggestions, and told me the work was completely lost. In that instance, it turned out to be salvageable (as you'd expect when you're manually saving after every second cut or clip adjustment). But clearly this isn't always the case, and it isn't sustainable.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Multitrack editor , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We've covered this before. For reasons that aren't altogether clear, the system is initially likely to offer you a backup that generally isn't anything like the latest one - if you want that, you have to locate it for yourself. A crash will only delete what's in the current version of your .sesx and therefore the amount of work you lose depends entirely on how frequently you allow auto-backups.

Yes it would be much better if it automatically offered the latest backup - not the least reason being that far fewer people would complain about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate