Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding 2nd mic track in multitrack creates echo

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im new here so i apologise if this is the wrong area and i also apologise if I'm missing info as im new to using auditon as well

I'm using audition to edit 2 . Wav files that were created in Garage band (attached samples) and when they are used in GB they sound fine.

In  auditon they both sound fine individually, but when I add them to multitrack the first tracks end up sounding echoey and hollow while track 2 remains fine.

There is spillover in each microphone where both mics are picking up each speaker, im not sure if this is a problem.  I tried using noise remover to reduce and spill over but it doesnt seem to matter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated šŸ™‚

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded your two files, opened them in two tracks of a multitrack session and they both played fine, no "echo" or anything else!

So, I suspect you are using a Template (perhaps the notorious "Podcast" one) which comes pre-loaded with certain "effects" on at least one track.  If so, try starting with the Default Template (under the Template dropdown, choose "None") and check your files again!  Just to add: it is the general suggestion here that possibly the very worst thing you can do to your audio is to use the Podcast Template!

I'm sure other users will post with advice about the mic "spill" though I have to say, in the short sequences you posted, it doesn't seem to me to be too bad!  Some degree of gating may well help but Noise Remover is almost certainly not helpful!

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines