Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Chapter markers to AAC audio file for a podcast

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

On macOS in Garageband/iTunes, you used to be able to add chapter markers to AAC/M4A audio files so, if releasing something like a podcast, you can put different album artwork up, different titles, and have it all tied to different time indexes, as well as the ability to jump to different secions of the audio, and get a list of all the chapte

How can you do this in Adobe Audition? I don't have a Mac anymore, so I need to be able to do it in Windows.

TOPICS
Export , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

I'm afraid you can't do this in Audition. M4A was always an Apple thing, and they unceremoniously dropped Quicktime for Windows, which I believe may have included options for this. In Audacity you can save M4A but I don't believe it gives you any of the other options. But as it stands, Audition does not support MPEG4 or any of its subsidiary parts at all. I had a look at Media Encoder and that doesn't either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you can't do this in Audition. M4A was always an Apple thing, and they unceremoniously dropped Quicktime for Windows, which I believe may have included options for this. In Audacity you can save M4A but I don't believe it gives you any of the other options. But as it stands, Audition does not support MPEG4 or any of its subsidiary parts at all. I had a look at Media Encoder and that doesn't either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Steve!
Damn, that really sucks.
Where is the best place to put in a feature request for this? Ideally in a place where Adobe will actually look at it and take it seriously, instead of just going into a general pool along with the people who think Audition should make pancakes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you will find that this is not something Adobe can fix - it's a proprietary format and they are beholden to Apple, who are the registration authority for MP4. And as I mentioned, Apple have formally dropped Quicktime support for Windows, which is what is required as a basis to do this.

So basically, due to Apple protectionism, this won't be happening, I'm afraid. No amount of requests will get you anywhere until Apple changes its mind. Don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines