Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition 2022 - "Detected Dropped Samples"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings community,

Something I'm struggling with using Adobe Audition is a very strong lag/chop with the message "Detected Dropped Samples" at the bottom-right of the software. This does not happen when I first start a session but more-so once I'm pretty stacked on tracks. It runs smooth and I have a great time mixing the tracks as I go (verse, verse addlivs, chorus, chorus addlivs, etc). BUT, once I get pretty stacked on all the different type of tracks and live effects, samples start to drop and the choppy lags happens! (I'm guessing my computer is weak??) 

This is when I do the ol' go-to solution from all other posts and adjust the latency! I put it all the way to 500 just to see would there be a difference.. .. no!  Put it all the way at 30, computer pretty much crash! 

My question is, what is a solution to "speed" up Adobe to get the song finished once a session gets pretty stacked on tracks? What are some tricks? I don't have a Mac Book Pro nor a gaming computer with 1,000 RGBs! I have a HP laptop > Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz > 8.00 GB RAM > 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor with 48 GB of memory free! I run a 48000 Hz sample rate session and equipment are all at 48000 Hz (mic, speakers, etc)! How do i speed up this software when a session gets pretty stacked/busy?? 

TOPICS
Audio hardware , FAQ , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Generally the solution is to pre-render your tracks...

Pre-render track 3.JPG

That's what the little lightning bolt is for. If you pre-render all the effects in a track, then playback is much less dependent on processing power, and only really limited by your HD. If you want to change anything, you can unrender it again, change whatever you want and then re-prerender it. The more tracks you do this to, the smoother things will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally the solution is to pre-render your tracks...

Pre-render track 3.JPG

That's what the little lightning bolt is for. If you pre-render all the effects in a track, then playback is much less dependent on processing power, and only really limited by your HD. If you want to change anything, you can unrender it again, change whatever you want and then re-prerender it. The more tracks you do this to, the smoother things will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, my friend, deserve an award! It worked! I pre-rendered everything in the multitrack and it FIXED the dropped samples!!!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in just to thank @SteveG_AudioMasters_ 👏👏👏  a real Audition OG!!! :trophy::military_medal::1st_place_medal:

Never before I have used that feature until today. You saved me HOURS of work and a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i can ask a couple of follow-ups to this:

Can you pre-render bus tracks? I don't see the lighting icon on them.

What's the process to un-render? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't render a bus. If you could, then changing anything in a track that was feeding the bus, whether it was rendered or not, would invalidate the bus render, even though you didn't ask it to. To make a bus renderable, you'd have to be able to lock and render all of the effects in the tracks feeding it, whether you'd asked for the feed tracks to be rendered or not. A recipe for some confusion!

You can unrender a track simply by clicking on the lightning icon again, so it's not blue any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All makes sense...thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related Question (and possible obvious one) - when I mixdown a session to a new file - is it possible there wull be dropped samples? Or is that only when playing back?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get an answer to this? because I have this question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines