• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition and UA Apollo Interface

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 4 months I've been having processing issues with my Apollo Twin interface. While recording I intermittently have a white noise or static sound running through my files and levels dropping mid recording.  I have tried different Thunderbolt cables and outlets, different mic cables, different mics, hard reset on computer and interface, different computers, etc.  I've been in contact several times over this time with UA.  After recommending all of the above they said it must be Adobe Audition's problem.  They went on to say I need to try one of their "supported DAW's". 

Has anyone ever had a problem using an UA Apollo device and Adobe Audition?

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm experiencing the same issue with my new Apollo Solo. UA told me the same things.

Thank you,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt whether he'll see this - the post is two and a half years old, and he shows very little forum activity.

But that said, I think that UA have just a bit of a cheek trying to blame Audition for something that sounds suspiciously like a driver failure. It got you off the phone, though... 😉

Ask yourself this; if just about every other interface on the planet works fine with Audition, both on Macs and PCs, why is it even likely to be Audition's fault? More interesting to ask which other ones don't, and why. The prime culprit here is M-audio - their drivers are primarily intended to run with ProTools, and their ASIO driver appears not to be up to scratch at all. What do UA recommend as a suitable DAW?

But the other thing is that it's Thunderbolt, and that's still slightly unknown territory. If you do a search, you'll find that plenty of people have had similar problems with UA interfaces - it's not that rare. Audition is notoriously good at recording exactly what's sent to it, but if, for any reason that gets compromised then we're in different territory. I've heard about one instance where turning off hyper-threading appears to have improved UA performance, but that seems to be a little extreme. 

It might be useful though to test the interface with some other software - preferrably ASIO-based just to see what happens. Whilst it's clearly not impossible for this to be Audition's fault, whatever it is still needs to be isolated, and that's going to need some more checking on your part, I'm afraid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UA suggested several DAW to test, the one I choose to test was Ableton Live 10. I tested both Audition and Ableton with ASIO. Neither are perfect. I set everything as close to the same as possible. Ableton shows a bit less staticky. I wanted it be the other way around. I prefer Audition. I'm also testing a couple of different brands of thunderbolt cables, just to rule that out.  Not sure how much patience I have left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the ua solo thunderbolt heritage edition. i use adobe audition cs6 and its a static distortion when using the ua but when i use my ssl2 interface its crystal clear. ua says i need to use asio but when i do there is not sound recorded into aution. i can see the levels on the solo but no sound in audition. im not really sure of the settings for asio 2.15 beta2 but i have the power for solo input lit and just saw tonight that the highest buffer is recommended by some dude and i tried 96k res but i did a test at 48k and it worked on the asio driver in audition but the static is still there. i dont know what else to do. SteveG I hoping you can G this is for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enquiries have been made...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can help you get the ASIO driver configured properly for Audition, but I'd like to dig into the "static distortion" issue a bit further.  Can you describe what's happening in more detail?

• Do you hear static while Audition sits idle - no playback or recording?
  • Do you hear static during playback?  Is it periodic or constant?
  • Is the static random, or does the same static sound always play at the same point in the files?
  • Is the static recorded to files?  If you open a recorded file in a different application for playback, do you hear it there?
  • Can you share a recorded file or screen capture with audio so that we can hear what's going on?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it and it was hardware issue. The unit was replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Add to return the whole unit to the store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines