• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition - Audio playback waaaay different than exported file!

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a podcast on Audition (latest version/14.2), on and updated Windows 10.

I am also using VST plugins, mostly Izotope RX7 package

I noticed that the sound I hear in multitrack view is way different than the exported WAV file.

It's not like an effect is missing or something, just a very noticiable difference in audio *spectrum*.

The sound of the export is a little muffled, with more bass, whereas the playback inside Audition is way more crispier, with more presence, cleaner. It's not a volume issue, it sounds different. I played trough different players and it sound the same.

But when i put the same exported file inside of Audition, in the multitrack view, it sounds ok!

It seems like audition plays back the same file differently... so "what i hear is not what I get"!

Very difficult to work like this. Does anyone have a clue on what is going on?

I contacted Adobe support online but it was useless. 

Please help!

Thank you

Tom

TOPICS
Export , Noise reduction , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a view of your mixer, please? Especially the master output settings. And what sound device are you using? And are you by any chance using the Podcast template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Steve, I must say i'm fan of yours, been reading your replies for years now, there is some good stuff there haha

I'm using my Soundcraft interface (asio driver), but it's the same thing with others i've tested.

No, i'm not using any template.

dunhad60969803_0-1622208268740.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect (but only you can check this) that having a file sent to Match Loudness where that is set to Export will give a different result from just monitoring the mix - which won't apply the export setting. Initially I'd look at that, because there's nothing else obviously astray.

Before anybody else suggests that you set all the outputs to Master, I will point out on your behalf that you've renamed Master to Mix, and that doesn't matter, because it's all going to the right place for an export anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve,

That match loudness is there because I was doing tests, trying to figure out what this problem could be, but I was not using that for the other exports and experienced the same thing in all of them.

About the Mix output, I didn't renamed that, my standard blank session opens that way.

Still a mistery...

When I have some time I will record my output so you can hear the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines