• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition audio plugin manager

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , i have problem about Adobe Audition audio plugin manager. when i open plug m , i can not see this window , it losts somewhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not quite clear from your description what is not happening. When you go to the Effects menu and click on Audio Plug-in Manager at the bottom of the drop down menu no Plug-in Manager page opens up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably know this already but in the plug in manager you have to specify the locations to look for VSTs then perform a scan of those locations.

Two other points:  first, Audition handles 64 bit plugins only--for 32 bit you need an adaptor like jbridge or similar.  Second, if your plugins happen to be VSTi, they'll never work because Audition doesn't handle MIDI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not problem of plugins , its problem about plugin manager window . i conected my laptop on smart tv and i saw plugin manager , but when i use main screen or my personal monitor this window is invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not somehow hidden behind the Audition main window? Do you see it if you Minimise the Audition window to the Task bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think audio plugin manager window is opened , but i can not see it .
audition background is passive and i can not click something . audio plug manager is opened but window  location is unknow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! Took a helpful but painfully slow Support chat, but we got there

You need to reset your caches outside of Audition, so shut it down and;

1) head to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

2) Rename Audition to Audition_old or whatever you like

3) head into Common and move everything in there except the Team Project Cache folder if you have one into a new folder like Old Cache

4) Restart Audition

5) Delight at finally being able to see your Plug In Manager menu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan, im still having troubles with this issue, i might not be understanding what you did still. could you explain this a little bit better

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who don't understand these directions:

1) head to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

2) Rename Audition to Audition_old or whatever you like

3) Literally restart your PC and Audition will generate a new "Audition" folder where you renamed the old one. 

Originally, I deleted all the files in the renamed Audition folder that said anything to do with "cache". Feel free to do this if it makes you feel better, although I don't think it's necessary,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do a delete and reset of preferences, there's a far simpler way that involves no faffing about whatsoever.

Just restart Audition with the shift key held down. That's it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dan! Massive solve right there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solved my problem too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this while in Au CS6 after pulling up an old project. The solution above does solve the problem, but also wipes out all of your preferences and settings. I've had some experience with editing XML files created by Adobe apps, and decided to find a more surgical solution. In my case, I found a section in the file:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\5.0\ApplicationSettings.xml

that had a dialog position setting that put Plugin Manager window off monitor. Open the file in any text editor (preferably one that formats XML if you have one), and search for AudioPlugInManager. Look at the DialogRectLeft and DialogRectTop values just below it to be sure they are both POSITIVE and within your monitor's resolution range. In my case, DialogRectLeft  was set to -1154, which put the window completely off screen. Note that the usual <Window-Key>+Arrow Key combo, which typicall brings hidden windows back into view, did not work.

Maybe that will be helpful to some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! 

Okay so here's the deal. I actually am having this same problem, but in Premiere Pro. HOWEVER I'm almost certain this will work on Audition because I think its the same problem. If you close your program (Audition or Premiere), then go to documents, located here C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\

From here double click on the Adobe folder and inside, delete Premiere Pro or Audition, whichever you are having the issue with. 

I know this is super late but I'm hoping if anyone else has this issue they'll stumble across this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, a blast from the past just arrived in my inbox. Hard to believe this is still a "problem". My last Adobe product was CS6 perpetual, after which I switched to DaVinci Resolve and never looked back. $250 one time cost for full Studio license with no upgrade fees ever. It makes Adobe's subscription plan pale in comparison. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines