• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After recording my voice, once i copy and paste the file, it sounds flat and looses brightness

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my radio work, I record one large file with several audio breaks.  Then I copy each individual piece of audio and paste it to another file before uploading it to FTP.  The problem is, the audio sounds bright when I first voice the break and play it back, but once I paste it into another file, it sounds flat and slightly muffled.  Any ideas of why this might be happening?

I'm using AE C6 recording with a Neumann T103 with a 286 DBX mic processor and using a Focusrite 2i2 interface and a windows desktop.

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're recording in After Effects???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I typed that wrong.  No I'm using Adobe Audition CS6.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you are doing your copies, but if you make a selection, and then go Edit>Copy to new, it should sound identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  That's exactly what I did and what I would assume.   But when I play back what I just recorded, it sounds bright.  But that same audio, when I select it, copy it and paste it into a file already labled, when I play that same audio back again, it's muffled a little bit.  Not a deal breaker but definitely not what I first heard.  I'm wondering if the shell file I created originally is somehow corruped or impaired in some way.  Perhaps recreating all those files that hold the new audio will remove any lingering coding that might be altering the sound.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is altering the sound - it will be something you're doing. If that wasn't the case, then everybody would be complaining about it, wouldn't they? And they aren't...

When you say you recorded one large file, was this in Multitrack or Waveform view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what app are you using to playback the copied version of your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am playing back the file out of Adobe as a WAV file.

[cid:e521b0fe-84c0-4851-9f6c-c087a168174d]
[cid:ba5753c6-217b-4e37-9efd-b97ca77c75da] [cid:954008e6-1147-40d8-8c71-544af2c9a940][cid:448b40ff-4c69-4f8f-be40-9f3ac591e691][cid:9fe37e24-cf85-4ff1-8240-5e3f606d9125][cid:eb78226b-970a-4749-a632-c6a6bec6ff84]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines