• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowing Adobe Audition CS5 access to my microphone or Codec USB on OS Mojave.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aubale to give Adobe Audition CS5 access to my micropone or Codec USB or Sunflower to record in Multitrack. The option to access the microphone to Audition does not appear in Privacy and Security ptreferences, and When I open Audition I am not offered to grant Auditon access to the microphone.

In preferences it appears but is blanked out in Adobe preference settings or shown as zero. All other applications have no dificulty, only Adobe. Can anyone get me through this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad_0-1614090295834.png

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have inseted the image as requested. Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.04.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: Can you show us the Audio Channel Mapping settings? And also, show us what happens when you try to select an appropriate input for a track? I'm not sure which versions of Mac OS it is that requires the security settings to be enabled, but certainly later ones appear to, and definitely Mojave. In order to record anything in Audition you need to have a number of things in place, and if they aren't all set correctly, then it won't work. I realise that it's about a Focusrite device, but on this page there's a good explanation of exactly what you have to do about the security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H:i  I have iserted the screen shots of the audio channel mapping, and the selection of the input window, as well as the Privacy and Security window showing that Adobe is not shown as an option to select. I never receive a requeat to allow adobe access to my microphone when I open or use it. The result is the same when I set Adobe to use my inbuilt microphone as an input. I feel I have tried every option that I van find to allow Adobe access to any input. I am only comfortable editing in Adobe Audition, I have been using it since it was Cool Edit Pro.Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 17.52.54.pngScreenshot 2021-03-03 at 17.53.42.pngScreenshot 2021-03-03 at 17.57.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the face of it, it looks correct and Audition isn't in the list when it should be. But it's a Mac, and I don't have one, so I really can't take this any further. Perhaps somebody with more Mac experience would like to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines