• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Cut

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag or import the Audio file onto the Track, the initial part of the audio gets cut off, while the rest functions perfectly.

Any reason why this is happening and how can it be corrected?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

I am guessing what's going wrong here. The initial part of my audio has a bit of external noise and that is probably getting chipped off by default when I drag it in Audition or premiere by default due to some settings? Like a Denoise or something. Not sure.

Can that be a possibility? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Ok. I was able to resolve the issue eventually. Seems the Audio File had multiple channels and that was leading to that issue.

I tried importing the audio in an online tool https://twistedwave.com/online and it immediately showed me a pop-up box suggesting that my file has too many channels and once I accepted the default setting from that online tool and downloaded the file again and imported it back into Audition and Premiere it worked like a charm.

Probably someone can use this solution.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just open the file normally, without dragging and dropping it, does the same thing happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Via import the file, I still face the same thing.

Just not able to comprehend what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even opened the file via edit > open method to ensure that I am not dragging it via the Files section onto the editor, but the result turns out to be the same. This thing happens with Adobe Premiere as well. 

It is just automatically chipping off the initial section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing what's going wrong here. The initial part of my audio has a bit of external noise and that is probably getting chipped off by default when I drag it in Audition or premiere by default due to some settings? Like a Denoise or something. Not sure.

Can that be a possibility? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I was able to resolve the issue eventually. Seems the Audio File had multiple channels and that was leading to that issue.

I tried importing the audio in an online tool https://twistedwave.com/online and it immediately showed me a pop-up box suggesting that my file has too many channels and once I accepted the default setting from that online tool and downloaded the file again and imported it back into Audition and Premiere it worked like a charm.

Probably someone can use this solution.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a multichannel file in Waveform view, the only part of it that you will hear is tracks that are routed to left and right (see the end of the waveform - the little boxes with letters, etc in). So if you have a part that's routed to a different place, then in order to hear it, you need to change the routing. You don't need any external apps or anything like that to handle multichannel files in Audition - it deals with them perfectly well on its own - once you've realised what it is you are dealing with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will definitely try what you have suggested. I didn't use an external site to resolve the issue, but to check how the file functions over there. Does it get cut like it did in Adobe Audition? Accidentally, I found the answer to my problem. And, yes I could have applied the same aspect within Audition, but I didn't until now as I was in hurry to complete a file and I was already battling this issue since yesterday night. That is almost 12+ hours of helplessness. Lol.

I appreciate your input and I will implement it tomorrow once I get rid of my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines