• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Hardware issue - Appropriate selection not there?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning when I opened Audition after using it last night with no issues whatsoever, I entered the Audio Hardware settings to change my input device from my RopeCaster Pro over to Speakers/Headphones so I can record some audio in to Audition from my web browser.  For the first time ever, I clicked the dropdown menu and the option that has always been there (Headphones/Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio) is not there.  The only options I can select are my Rodecaster, my Webcam, or my USB Mixer (USB Audio Codec).  Before this is suggested, please know that I have tried both of the other Device Classes (ASIO and WASAPI) and neither of them worked either.  I haven't needed to switch out from MME class ever before.  PLEASE HELP!  I have a Podcast scheduled tonight and this will for sure ruin it if I don't get it fixed!  THANK YOU!!!!

TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Almost certainly, you'll find that that particular option has been turned off in Windows. Go to Settings>Sound and scroll down to Input, choose Stereo Mix and then click on Device Properties. Chances are that there's a check in Disable...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost certainly, you'll find that that particular option has been turned off in Windows. Go to Settings>Sound and scroll down to Input, choose Stereo Mix and then click on Device Properties. Chances are that there's a check in Disable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines