• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio quality decreases on mobile device

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording in Auditon and on my computer, it sounds great, even after I export it as an MP3 file. But when I listen to the file on my phone, the audio quality drops drastically. It sort of sounds like the audio is constantly peaking, even though I know it's not. I wish I could say it's just my phone being old (it's an iPhone 7), but when I listen to music, youtube, etc. through my phone's speaker, it sounds just fine--it's only my recorded audio files that sound low quality. I have tried listening to my finished edited audio, and completely raw audio, and both have the same sound quality issue on my phone. I'm working with a ShureSM7B microhone if that makes any difference. If you have any idea why this is happening or any advice on how to fix it, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Export , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhones are format-sensitive, as far as I can make out. They seem to be rather happier with stuff that is MP4-based than MP3. And if it sounds okay in Audition on your computer, then it is your phone - but probably not for a reason you might have been thinking. There are other possibilities - what bit rate are you saving your MP3 files at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a 24 bit rate. I tried playing the audio on an iPad as well just to triple check that it wasn't my phone speakers, and had the same sound quality issue there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Potentially the same problem - it's an Apple device. Can you post a bit of a typical file? That way we can check it on a non-Apple device that's definitely not format-prejudiced - like a Samsung, or just about any other device I can think of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines