• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio went from -23LUFS to -26 LUFS after export

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished creating a mix at a level of -23LUFS. Both the digital loudness radar and my external meter confirm it is -23LUFS. However, after importing it in premiere and resolve, both NLE's tell me it is -26,8 LUFS.

All of the separate audio tracks are linked to buses. Voice to voice bus, music to music bus etc. All of the three buses are connected to one final bus, which I placed the loudness radar on. I only exported the final bus. I can't seem to find any settings that might make the audio volume lower during export. Can someone tell me what is going on?

I seem to have this a lot in the past as well when I export the master track, sometimes the audio is a bit lower than it should be. Is there any way to tell audition to export 'what you hear is what you get'?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed it myself. Audition seems to deduct 3 DB from your audio in multitrack / exports unless you change the default panning mode in multitrack settings (preferences > multitrack) to left/right cut. By default it is center -3db. Still had to do some manual adjustments as this only affects new sessions, not those you have been working on. But at least it is fixed for future projects. I still find it interesting that after almost half an hour the adobe export couldn't figure this out and sent me to the help page of Premiere to normalize and cut audio. Topic can be closed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why they have no idea about this - it's been like it for years, and I've explained it several times before - typically here but for some strange reason it never seems to have made it to their crib-sheet, despite being frequently asked. To be fair, none of the people on the helpdesk actually use the products, and if they do, they couldn't really cover all of them in any depth - there are too many. So it is cribsheets they use. Generally when they get stuck they send people here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines