• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Audio Channel Mapping

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Audition 2020 to record podcasts.  I am using an audio interface Behringer U-phoria UMC404HD 4 channel.  When i tried to record in audition, it only has 2 audio input channels, but we use  3 mics.  All 3 mics are plugged in the interface but only the 1 and 2 show up in mapping.  I tried downloading and enabling ASIO but Audition still only shows 2 channels.  I then downloaded an older driver version from Behringer (the new edition driver only enables 2 channels at a time.) I now see all 4 lines in the Audio Hardware section (I am using WASAPI and the interface) but when i go to Audio Hardware Mapping, it still is only 2 channels.  I feel like im missing something.  Can someone please help me get the third mic to work? We use the waveform audio file, not the mutli track session.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use ASIO, and most importantly you have to record in multitrack - you simply won't get four independent inputs with any other driver. The basic Windows drivers all only work in stereo - apparently trying to get a Windows certified multichannel driver authenticated is expensive, so nobody does it - especially as ASIO does it better!

There are several things you have to do to get this to work properly. It's not actually the mapping you need to look at, it's the individual channel inputs, once you've got the correct driver selected. You need to look at the mono options, where you should get to choose a single channel for each different track:

Mono inputs 2.JPG

So here, where mine currently says 'stereo mix', yours should have the individual channels from the UMC404HD listed. This is the only routing that matters! And as I said, it has to be Multitrack - this option is not available in Waveform which, although it will play multichannel files, simply won't record them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as kinghall7. I have a Behringer x1222usb and I'm using AISO in multitrack but still only get 2 channels under Mono. I've attached some pics of my settings, if anything stands out that I should change to get this working please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is taken from the Behringer spec:

'Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer'

Looks like it is only 2 channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard is correct; you aren't in the same boat at all. If you want to record more than two channels at once, then you need a device that supports that physically, which the OP's one does. Just using ASIO won't make any difference, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah... that explains it. Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines