Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition audio crackles and pops upon playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Audition v13 on Windows 10. 

I've been experiencing popping and crackling on playback since I installed Audition. I read this post on the forums (https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/popping-and-crackling-sounds-during-playback/td-p/9906750) that attributed the problem to MME, so I changed the setting to ASIO; the audio still crackles and pops.

I've attempted to use other audio files to the same effect. The issue doesn't seem to be consistent: whether or not the audio pops varies per playthrough. 

The crackling/popping is not present when I export the project (in whole or in part) as a .wav file.

(I'm very new to Audition, not sure how most things work)

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

If it's not present on exported files, then probably all that's wrong is that Audition's latency or buffer size value is too low. Try increasing it and see if the problem goes away...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be able to edit my posts here, so I'll comment any adjustments.

I'm running on an i7 with 16gb ram, so I don't think my specs are an issue AFAIK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not present on exported files, then probably all that's wrong is that Audition's latency or buffer size value is too low. Try increasing it and see if the problem goes away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

increasing the latency to 100 *seems* to have cleared the problem, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines