• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition back up set to cloud but files are empty

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of a long edit yesterady, Audition crashed with no warning and I lost about an hour of work. My auto save and backup is set to Creative Cloud Files but when I login to Creative Cloud, my files are empty. 

What's happened? How can I recover this session?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your auto-saves should be on your hard drive. 

cc files are for file sharing with others and with your other devices, not backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, Autorecovery in Adobe apps only works with files that have been saved at least once to your local hard drive.

That said, I always save often (Ctrl + S) especially during long editing sessions. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other thing you should remember is that it's only session files that get backed up - no audio is saved. If you had a crash though, it might be as well to find out why. You should be able to locate the log files from the Help menu, and you're looking for one with the designator CRASH file. If you open it, you should be able to copy the information in it and post it to this thread - we might be able to give you a clue as to what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines