• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Cuts Frequencies Above 16 kHz While Exporting MP3 Files

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I use Adobe Audition 2022 Build 22.0.0.96 and as I made the problem clear in the title when I export a file as MP3 with 320 kbps quality via Audition, frequencies between 16 kHz and 20 kHz are cut off.  this problem is independent of the source file. for example, when I export a FLAC file as MP3 this happens. When I edit a full frequencies range MP3 file (20 Hz - 20 kHz) and than export it this problem also happens too. The funny thing is that when I do the export process with Audacity which is a free and open source software, this problem does not happen. I tried the same experiment with other paid softwares such as Acoustica 7, iZotope Ozone 9, iZotope RX 9 Audio Editor, and as I mentioned, frequencies above 16 kHz are not cut like Audition in any of them. I think this problem is caused by Fraunhofer MP3 Encoder but I can't do anything to change it. Therefore I will try to find the solution by writing my problem here. I also want this problem to be seen by the authorities. I will also share the screenshots containing the problems I mentioned with this post. 1- FLAC Source File.png2- Audition 320 kbps MP3.png3- Audacity 320 kbps MP3.png4- Acoustica 7 320 kbps MP3.png5- Ozone 9 320 kbps MP3.png6- RX 9 320 kbps MP3.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, almost certainly the Fraunhofer encoder, but a) you can't change it and b) 'the authorities' (we call them the developers) won't see this, as we're a U2U forum. If you wish to make a feature request that they will see, you need to post it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, I am relieved that you answered in a way that proved my guess. Secondly, I'll reopen the thread where you directed me, thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines