• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audition not recording audio from the internet and settings on my interface haven't changed

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition isn't recording audio from the internet and I haven't changed the settings on my Focusrite interface.  It was recording audio from my studio mic and from the internet last week when I was working.  I have reinstalled Focusrite interface, checked my settings and both input and output are set to the focusrite and I updated Windows.  Audition shows to be up to date.  And it's blurring out the stop button when I'm recording which prevents me from stopping it. 

TOPICS
Audio hardware , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, it sounds as though it's behaving correctly. To record from the internet doesn't involve your sound device at all, and relies on an internal link in your computer. If the input and output are set to be the Focusrite, then that's exactly what will happen - not an internet recording.

But, you haven't told us anything about your setup - especially what drive class you are using, or how it was set up in the first place, because on the face of it, you should only be able to do one or the other - not both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response.  I have a Scarlett 4i4 third generation 4in, 4 out usb audio interface which allows recording in from a mic and also from web sources. I bought it specifically for that as I record audio through my studio mic and also record audio in from websites our stations subscribe to.  And it was working perfectly until today.  
I have my studio mic running into the interface and the interface usb into the computer.  All settings for sound in and out are set still to the interface in Windows, Adobe Audition and congruent settings to 44100 16 bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've done a Windows update, then it might be that this has affected the way your sound device is set up - it's probably worth checking on whether there's a driver update for it - you should be on version 3.9.0, and also check out the Focus Control app (if you update that it should put the correct driver in anyway). If that's all up to date, then you have to check out the Loopback settings in the Control app, specifically the settings in the Loopback 1-2 mix tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Steve, thank you so much!  My deduction was at the end of the day, when talking to a friend of mine, that it had to be an update issue.
Windows did just update and your response confirmed that the issue is probably that.  I will troubleshoot following your guidelines.
I appreciate you response and knowledge very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines