• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I take the soundtrac from a PP file into AU and improve the sound?

Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Mp4 in Premiere Pro. - Taken with photo camera.
I would like not to use an external mic for my video, and wonder. Is there a way I can take only the audion from the Premiere Pro file and improve that in Audio?

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

I'm afraid that camera mic audio is invariably awful, and you can't really make the actual signal any better, whatever you do. The only things about it you can (sometimes) alter aren't directly related to the signal - like background noise, and sometimes you can improve an uneven frequency response. But the signal itself is inevitably distorted - and that's the one thing that cannot be fixed, because there is no 'correct' reference for it.

So you might be able to improve it a bit, but there is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that camera mic audio is invariably awful, and you can't really make the actual signal any better, whatever you do. The only things about it you can (sometimes) alter aren't directly related to the signal - like background noise, and sometimes you can improve an uneven frequency response. But the signal itself is inevitably distorted - and that's the one thing that cannot be fixed, because there is no 'correct' reference for it.

So you might be able to improve it a bit, but there is no replacement for recording your source from rather closer, I'm afraid. Taking the audio only from Premiere is relatively easy - just highlight the track and select 'Edit in Audition'. When you've finished, save the file and close Audition, and your alterations will be rendered back to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines