FFBD5A47-FBB2-454C-8ACC-4698611D3A35.jpeg

 -Raised Db volume bar, indicating signal is being received and processed

58AD4FD5-86B3-4FFA-8894-1D0DA208DF28.jpeg

 -audio channel mapping settings 

6A85CE62-78C3-48A6-8A04-3891EA164BD0.jpeg

-audio hardware settings 

Hi all,

new here, first time post:

What I'm running- Adobe audition 2020 on a 2012 MacBook Pro, operating on Catalina 10.15.6

Audio hardware- Scarlett 2i2, direct plug in with guitar

Plugins/VSTS- BIAS FX 2, ML Soundlabs AMPED Roots, Spitfire audio.

THE ISSUE- despite having the proper tracks armed, channels selected, etc- I'm not able to hear any audio I play whilst recording. To be perfectly clear- unless I switch the interface to DIRECT MONITOR mode on, I hear absolutely no playback either with or without any plugins or VSTs activated.

i am aware that BIAS FX is not stated to be compatible with audition, HOWEVER, to be clear again- Despite not being able to hear WHAT I'm recording WHILE recording it, the settings from all plug ins I'm using translate to the recorded audio. So each "tone" and "preset" is coming through perfectly once recorded and played back- I just cannot hear any audio of myself playing, regardless of whether or not the plugins are activated.

i have been using Audition since it was Cool Edit Pro & yet this time I'm completely stumped.

For what it's worth- the last time I successfully used this DAW was when I was running a LINE 6 POD HD through the Scarlett 2i2 via XLR cables.

pictires included, I can always add more if need be.

any and all help would be appreciated, thanks all and happy new year.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , FAQ , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lastly- to be clear, when I switch the interface to DIRECT MONITOR, I just get a straight clean channel, nothing processed. When using other DAWS or even the standalone plug in interfaces, Sound is produced without having to activate the monitor.  Maybe this is where I'm answering my own questions, but Since I feel fairly clueless, I felt it necessary to put. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use the 'monitor input' button on the track you are recording on:

Monitor input 2.JPG

This will send the output from the track (with effects) back to the monitoring system. Be aware that you will end up with a slight latency delay, which is unavoidable - it's dependent entirely on how fast your computer can process all the effects, and the latency value set on your sound device. If you set that value too low, you'll end up with broken up audio, so you need to do some experimenting to optimise this. It's worth doing that though, as it's the single largest contributor to latency, as a rule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines