• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot turn off left and right channels in waveform mode

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Audition, I can no longer select one channel by itself in waveform mode.  Both channels have an L and R icon, and when I click them, the color of the waveform changes slightly, but not as it used to do. Previously, I could just click the icon to deselect a channel. That no longer works. The color changes, but if I edit, it edits both channels.  

How do I turn off a channel now? Why is there an L and R at the end of both channels?  

defaultu5szfgs3yofd_0-1650974887132.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems here on Windows 11 Audition build 22.3.3.60

I just deleted a section of  left channel.

Not sure about your L/R issue

audition one channel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your question is that you are using the Preview editor - as it says at the top of the lower waveform. If you turn that off, then things will be as they were before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I cannot try your suggestion because I deleted my preferences and that fixed the problem.  The problem occurred when I tried to edit a video clip in Premiere, which sent the audio clip to Audition (something I've done about a billion times before). The new "preview editor" view must have been the default for this, then, after the update.  

Any idea why both the left and right channels in waveform view had both an L and an R? It was like each channel has its own left and right channel.  When I deleted my preferences, this was resolved too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like I said - you were in preview mode. If you'd cancelled that, you'd have been back where you started; no need to cancel your preferences at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and found preview editor button only at the top right of the "waveform" page, but switching between this is do nothing for me. Is that what you was mean? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest that you try resetting your preferences too. The display that occured for the OP had didn't look correct at all, as it showed a single waveform with two channels - and that can't be! As to what's actually causing this, it's not clear. The easy way to reset preferences is to restart Audition with the Shift key held down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines