Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Individual channel levels in multichannel track

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have some multichannel broadcast wav files (6 channel, 8 channel).

They are actually multichannel music, but not being used as 5.1 or 7.1 tracks.

Is there a way to mix the indivdual channel levels, instead of the level of the whole multichannel track?

i.e. be able to pull up or down the indivual channels in the 6 or 8 channel track?

I know I could extract them into 6 or 8 mono files, mix them that way, and then rejoin them and export it as a multichannel track, but...

I prefer to do it this way for editing purposes (making it simpler to edit one track instead of 6 or 8 tracks, for a number of other reasons.)

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expanding Multichannel file in Multitrack view.JPG

If you look at the multichannel file here, you'll notice that if you use the pulldown next to the file name, all of the mono channels are available without having to do anything at all. You can import them into individual tracks and do anything you like to them if you want. If you still want overall control of the result, you can feed the channels back into a bus channel. Because you can add processing, etc, it's actually a pretty powerful way of dealing with a multichannel file, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thank you so much!!!

I will try that in the AM.

That (those) both sound like good ways to work with a minimum of routing.

I'll try to get a feel for that workflow.

Again, thanks so much for the kind and generous reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines