Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clip bin in Audition

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'd like to edit several interviews I made, to do a podcast. I don't find how to creat a clip bin, where I could put all the clip I want to select and use in the editing...can someone help me? Thank you!

Bonjour, 

Je cherche desesperement l'option qui permet de créer une clip bin, pour y mettre tous les clips que je selectionne et les monter ensuite pour le produit final (un podcast avec plusieurs intervenants déjà interviewés). Merci d'avance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You create a new folder using the operating system in just the same way as you'd ever create one, and put your clips in that. As it stands, Audition does not create or use clip bins; so you have to create your own outside of it. There has been much discussion about this elsewhere on the forum, but we still have no idea whether anything like this will be added to Audition or not, nor when it would be, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer. I wanted this folder to appear on Aurdition's screen...maybe I should switch to Premiere pro then.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that. I wouldn't use Premiere to edit audio unless I was absolutely desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok....why? I am a beginner on that software (I was using a different one at
work which I can't access now), so I thought that Premiere pro could do the
job.

--
Thilelli Chouikrat
[personal details removed - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere is a video editor with woefully deficient sound editing facilities - very few indeed compared to Audition. That's why it has 'Edit in Audition' built into it. You won't find anything in Audition that says 'Edit in Premiere' - that should be a bit of a clue, I would have thought... 😉 It's also the reason that Adobe bought out Syntrillium, the people who created what's now Audition in the first place - Adobe knew that Premiere simply didn't cut it as far as audio was concerned, and wanted something that would do the job properly.

And I really don't see what your objection is to creating a few folders to put your raw materials in. Once you've done this you can access the folders from within Audition using the Media Browser, and this has a preview player in it. Apart from how you created the folders, I really don't see what the difference is as far as programme construction is concerned. Admittedly if you want to move stuff around within them you have to do it from your desktop environment, but that's about the only limitation there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines